is the Hamburg regional group of the nationwide interest group proTango e.V..
- is committed to tango culture creators in the Hamburg region
- offers a contact person for press, politics and administration for its members
- connects the tango artists in the Hamburg region with each other and with other artists in and around Hamburg.
What we do
Members of the regional group meet regularly to discuss common interests and challenges in daily regional tango culture work. Topics include:
- Exchange of information (current regulations, funding opportunities, dates of planned events, …)
- Promotion of the awareness of Tango Argentino in Hamburg in general (e.g. joint marketing)
- Lobbying, maintenance of contacts with politics and authorities
- Networking internally (building community, promoting collegial interaction, …)
- External networking with other (dance) cultural areas
In addition to the regional group proTango Hamburg, there is also a general email distribution list of the Tangoforum Hamburg, which also includes tango artists who are not yet members of proTango e.V.. The regional group is also still very interested in the exchange with these tango creators. We invite all tango artists to become members of proTango e.V. and to get involved in our common work.
Who can participate
All members of the association proTango e.V. from the Hamburg region can actively participate. As soon as you have become a member of proTango, contact the coordination office to be included in the internal mailing list through which you will be informed about all meetings and actions.
The supporting members of the association proTango e.V. from the Hamburg region are also invited and receive all minutes.
Committed fellow campaigners
For some actions we depend on the competence of committed fellow campaigners who are not members of proTango e.V. (lawyers, communication professionals, GEMA specialists, etc.). You have special skills that can support tango culture work in the Hamburg region or in Germany and want to help us? We are very happy about that. Please contact the coordination office.
Those who have joined so far
Public Actions so far
In addition to regular meetings and recurring exchange, proTango Hamburg is also presented in public with actions.
Campaign day 1. Petition des Vereins proTango e.V.
Letter to the Senator for Culture Dr. Carsten Brosda, the Senator for Economics Michael Westhagemann as well as to more than 90 cultural politicians in Hamburg
(committees of the districts, state parliament, department of district culture in the district offices)
May til June 2022
May til September 2022
since May 2022
Support of the campaign “Public dance floor for Hamburg” by Frank Kruppa